How much do you think you know about science compared to the average Earthling? Take Pew Research Center’s 13 question Science and Technology Knowledge Quiz and see where you stack up.
Hopefully reading It’s Okay To Be Smart will help you all get 100%. How’d you do?
13 for 13. Science is my homie bitch!
“Stick a shovel in the ground almost anywhere and some horrible thing or other will come to light.”
― Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin
Hemingway’s naked isn’t he?
this is all I'll say about this, or how the west wing gets it right every time
- Student: Do you favor the death penalty?
- Josh: No.
- Student: But you think we should kill these people?
- Josh: You don't have the choices in a war that you do in a jury room. But I - I - I wish... wish we didn't have to. I think death is too simple.
- Student: What would do instead?
- Josh: I'd put 'em in a small cell, and make them watch home movies of the birthdays and baptisms and weddings of every single person they killed, over and over, every day, for the rest of their lives.
“ Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. ”
I’m too far away to do anything else right now except hope. Let our capacity for it be limitless.
“ Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer. ”
Joseph Campbell (via facesofatheists)
And so we mark the end of the 2013 pancake season #mapletreeinn #homestead (at Cartwright’s Maple Tree Inn)
Go home drunk, you’re ducks.